Why hire a life coach? There are many reasons to hire a life coach! Coaching with us will provide you with:
- encouragement, accountability and skills
- proven techniques to help your child heal
- hope, joy and peace with your decisions
- adoption information from a Christian perspective
- training so you can exhibit the fruits of the spirit in all of your relationships
- strategies to move your family in a God honoring direction
- improvement for your marriage and communication with your spouse
What is Life Coaching?
Coaching is working in a collaborative relationship with a trained professional to help you, your marriage, and your family reach their God given potential. This is achieved by identifying key issues, learning, setting goals, providing support, and regularly reassessing progress.
How is coaching unique?
Coaches come alongside to offer support, accountability, vision casting, goal setting and encouragement. Coaches are trained to empower you to make rapid changes. Meetings may take place in person, via phone or video calls.
How does coaching work?
Coaching works because it brings out your best – what God put in! Coaches believe in you to help you create the life God desires for you!
Specifically, this is what your coach will do during coaching conversations:
- Listen. Your story is central. Coaches fully engage in what you are saying. They also listen to the Holy Spirit and encourage you to do the same.
- Ask questions. Coaches use questions to stimulate your thinking and creativity. Questions are about possibilities and the future.
- Provide tools. New tools help you improve the way you engage with others.
- Encourage. Everyone needs encouragements, and usually we don’t get enough. Your coach will hold up your vision, your progress, and your efforts.
- Facilitate while letting you lead. Coaches facilitate your learning and problem solving. Yet, they are never fully leading – you are, with your agenda and your approach.
Who will benefit from coaching?
Coaching is most helpful for parents who are dissatisfied with their current situation and desire to learn and grow. Coaching is not a replacement for mental health treatment.
How is coaching different from counseling?
There is some overlap between coaching and counseling, but some key differences too. Many of the communication techniques like listening, reflecting and questioning are similar, and both offer education on issues related to adoption. Counseling utilizes a licensed professional and the focus is typically on mental health issues and on bringing healing to past trauma and losses. On the other hand, coaching is present and future oriented, focusing on practical life changes that help people apply what they are learning or get from where they are to where God wants them to be.
What training do you have?
In addition to extensive training in attachment and neuroscience related approaches to relationships, Renee holds a professional life coaching certificate through the International Coach Federation. To obtain her coaching certification, she has undergone rigorous education and instruction. She continues to develop her skills and grow professionally through advanced training. For more information about the International Coach Federation please visit this website, https://coachfederation.org/
What are your fees?
Because adoptive and foster families often have many expenses, we keep our coaching costs low. Our individual coaching fees are $50 per hour.
What are your hours?
We offer a variety of times to schedule appointments on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. You may click here to schedule a time to meet with us.